The Jasika Blazer is a classic tailored jacket with a semi-fitted shape that will never go out of style. With just the right amount of polish and detail, Jasika is a wardrobe workhorse and a mighty skill builder. Our instructions use modern speed tailoring methods, fusible interfacings and minimal hand sewing to make tailoring fun and accessible for everyone; make a blazer you’ll want to wear forever!
This jacket is fully lined and features a classic notched collar, single button closure, back vent, shoulder pads, welt pockets, gorgeous two-piece sleeves and a flattering shape that skims the curves of the body. Optional details include pocket flaps, topstitching, decorative sleeve cuff buttons and leather or suede elbow patches.
Fabric: Medium to heavyweight suitings or lightweight coatings with surface texture such as wool melton, wool flannel, crepe and tweed. Velvet, medium-heavy weight cotton, seersucker and linen may also be used.
- Fusible weft interfacing (1.5 yd / 1.4m)
- Fusible knit interfacing (1yd / .8m)
- Horsehair canvas (1/4 yd / .25m)
- Polyester thread
- Optional: topstitching thread for collar
- Optional: silk basting thread
- Cotton stay tape 1/4″ wide x 2.5 yds / 2.4m
- Shoulder pads – 1/4″ – 3/8″ thick
- Sleeveheads or lambs wool/cotton batting cut into 2″ wide bias strips
- Optional: Leather or suede for elbow patches
- Lapel button: 1 x 3/4″ (19mm)
- 1 x clear button
- Optional: Sleeve buttons: 6 x 5/8″ (16mm)
- Marking tool / tailor’s chalk
- Handsewing needles & thimble
- Tailors ham and seam roll
- Press cloth (cotton or silk organza)
- Pinking shears
- Point presser or wood clapper
- Steam iron
Skill level: advanced